- 4BH to become Magic 882
- The Rolling Stones Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BH?
- Chitty Chitty 4BH 4BH
- Win $1000 of Christmas decorations!
- Stones rolling into Australia
- Celtic Woman plays first fiddle
- Michael and the Lambe
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CAROLYN on Having issues streaming 4BH? Up until a few weeks ago I have been able to listen to you on my Internet radio here in th UK. It now tries to connect to ... more
- Nancy Kuhl on 4BH to become Magic 882 I like the new line up for 2014 what about weekends and nights are Steve Barker,DonnaLynch and Greg Newman staying. more
- Edward Thirkill on 4BH to become Magic 882 Who will be doing weekends? more
- Joy Scully on Want to hear Taylor Henderson on 4BH I just adore Cher's New Song: 'I hope you find it'. 4BH was the first to play it. Well done!! And also Paul McCartney's ... more
- Suzanne on Want to hear Taylor Henderson on 4BH I'm a mum of five children, 48, am extremely critical of artists today and rarely buy 'new' music, having been ... more
- Michelle on Want to hear Taylor Henderson on 4BH Loving this song, heard it playing my daughters swimming school lessons, it's a toe tapper more
- Maria Allan on Want to hear Taylor Henderson on 4BH I think Taylor Henderson is the best. more
- Angela Todd on Want to hear Taylor Henderson on 4BH Yes please play 'Borrow my heart' on your radio station. Taylor Henderson is pure aussie-grown talent. He has a unique sound ... more
- REg Sothman on Paying it forward Darling you really deserve that..congratulations. more
- Joy Scully on New song from Paul McCartney I agree with my friend Jim Gorring.I also relay like Paul's new song. He's still got what it takes!! :) more
- Jim Gorring on New song from Paul McCartney I really like this song already, & that is not always the case when first hearing a new song. more
- tarek on Buble baby born so sweet baby,i wanna know more about this baby. more
- Paula on New song from Paul McCartney New is a Paul McCartney winner, pure magic as usual. Thank you for the music. more
- Lord John on New song from Paul McCartney Excellent stuff from the great one more
- Mike Duggan on Jo Camilleri's tribute Hi,I'd love to go to see "Here comes the night...My disability prevents me from affording tickets; my speech which can be ... more
- Cherie on Win your Ekka tickets on 4BH Will be nice to go to the EKKA for the first time with my new partner and his son and share the experience more
- physio burleigh on Win a car with 4BHyundai! Keep this going please, great job! more
- Nola on Soldier returns home to cat yep cats can get huffy.At least he didn,t turn into scary cat & have a hissy fit claws an all. more
- Eleanore Beilby on Win your Ekka tickets on 4BH It will be a first for my 2 boys and I can't wait for the strawberry ice cream. more
- Jenny Giuffrida on Win your Ekka tickets on 4BH My 4BH ap doesn't work anymore. It just keeps shutting down when I open it :-( more
Bee Gees Week of Winning
4BH Bee Gees Home: The countdown is on to Thursday's unveiling by Barry Gibb of Bee Gees Way in Redcliffe. Each day you could win Gold Tickets to Barry Gibbs "Mythology" Concert next Tuesday.
The boys together were songwriting geniuses having written or co-written over 1,000 songs of which well over 2,500 artists have recorded.
So much so that at one point in 1978, the Gibb brothers were responsible for writing and/or performing nine of the songs in the Billboard Hot 100 and have to now have sold in excess of 200 million records worldwide.
Win Gold Tickets to Barry Gibb Concert:
Each day, listen longer to 882 4BH each day for the Story of the Bee Gees and your chance to win Gold Tickets to Barry Gibb's Mythology Concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Tuesday February 19 and the 50th Anniversary Mythology Collection plus the overlooked Aussie recordings of 1965 to 1966 'Morning of My Life' and the 'Festival Albums Collection' 1965 to 1967.
We'll register listeners across each day, then the following morning at 7:10, Michael Price will announce a registered listener's name.
You'll have 10 minutes to call back on 1300 000 882 to win the concert tickets and CD sets!
As the Original and Still The Home of the Bee Gees, 882 4BH loves to celebrate the boys from the peninsula who took their songs of love, sorrow and great-times to the world!
My husband and I attended the event in Redcliffe on Valentines Day to watch Barry Gibb and his family be acknowledged by Redcliffe City...and...it was beyond BRILLIANT.
We have to say that Donna Lynch did a superb job of being MC for the day.
It was so exciting to see someone you've admired for decades actually right there in front of you.
Although we didn't get the opportunity to shake Barry's hand and thank him for the wonderful music that has meant so much to us over the years.
We were lucky enough to be in the right place as Barry gave us the thumbs up when my husband pointed the camera his way as he was departing in his vehicle, we did end up with a wonderful photo and momento of this great occasion.
I echo the comment that the Bee Gees are one of the world's greatest bands and to think it all started in Redcliff Queensland is somthing we Aussies should be very proud of.
I don't think there is one person on this vast planet of ours that does not know at least one Bee Gee's tune!
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Barry Maurice and Robin for your wonderful heartfelt music...the world is a much better place because of it...
In almost the words of the Bee Gee's immortal classic:
"We Had To Get This Message To You"!!!
Kim & AshleyKim & Ashley Ablett Friday 15 February, 2013 - 6:19 PM
Congratulations to Moreton Regional Council particularly, but all involved in the wonderful day on Thursday with the unveiling by Barry GIBB. I well remember when the Bee Gees first became known, I was all of 10 yrs of age. Great Story!Errol MADDEN Friday 15 February, 2013 - 5:19 PM
I attended the 4BH Breakfast and Live telecast in Rotary Park in Redcliffe on Thursday the 14th. It was fantastic, Music, Dancers, Sausage Sizzle & Snacks.The Vittoria Coffee stand was a great. The Event People did a great job. The Competition for the Best 70's outfit was fun. I entered it hoping to win the Barry Gibb concert tickets. We thought the couple who one was a bit `Suspicious" Their costumes were obviously from a Costume Hire Store and they seemed a just a bit too familiar with the Crew!!.We are also disappointed that there are not any Photos of the Event on the 4BH Website as Donna promised!. There were film crew there filming but none shown on the news. What's up with that?joanne betschart Friday 15 February, 2013 - 8:24 AM
My Dad,Ralph,died from pancreatic cancer-19/2/03.My Mum's birthday is-21/02[2 days later].I'm asking a miracle.Dad,was the epitome of the word gentleman.He listened to 4BH ONLY,& no matter what else we wanted 2listen 2as kids,we had no choiceWhen I was 27 we fled our family home cause the father of my child was violent.EVERY night Dad listened 2BEE GEES.He loved them,& so do I.He'd call me out whenever How Deep is Your Love?came on so I could sit with him.That's what we shared.My Mum,who was with him 40 years,is a selfless missionary that spends her time & $travelling around helping people less fortunate than herself.She would NEVER indugle in a concert!All her time& $is given away to those less fortunate than her.Next week marks a decade since Dad died & 2days later,her 67th B'Day.My bro.asked me what we should get her next week.I heard on radio that Barry Gibb is HERE!To take Mum ON 10TH anniversary & her b'day, would be a dream come true!She deserves to feel happy for 1 night!Her time is about others & being the 10TH anniversary of her hubbys death who played the Bee Gees EVERY night in our tough situation hiding,would be a dream come true!I pray someone reads this so we can honor my Dad in a way my Mum never dreamt of & thru 4BH that they were so loyal to!Mum would NOT ask of anyone.She serves those less fortunate.I know being there would be the most amazing feeling in the world for her & nothing that she would EVER do for herself.Thanku! Colleen-0415 306 990Colleen Friday 15 February, 2013 - 3:56 AM
Im listening via livestream from Southern California! Ive loved the BeeGees and Andy since I was 12 (48 now)and have passed my love for their music on to my daughters and grandkids. They are so deserving and I want to Thank You Barry for the years of beautiful music!Brenda Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 1:52 PM
Was really looking forward to today, and planned to take a walk to watch Barry Gibb unveil the statue. However I have a date at RBH in the city, but do remember seeing the guys at the Opera House in Sydney about 30 years ago.That ages me, but my toes tap still with their music. Wishing Barry happy memories and I think it's
wonderful his Mum is on this tour of memories. Have a wonderful day Barry.Beth Nason Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 7:57 AM